[CAUT] RE : String breakage, WAS unusual repair

Marcel Carey mcpiano at videotron.ca
Sat Feb 24 11:30:35 MST 2007

This reminds me the time I was sent by Yamaha Canada to check the
regulation of a 2 years old C-2. The customer was complaining about
broken strings and wanted them to be replaced on warranty. When I got
there, the father expalined that it was his son that was the pianist and
he introduced me to his son. The son told me who he was studying with
and then just like this he said that he had the technique that allowed
him to break stings at will. He said this in front of his disbelieved
father. You should have seen the look his father gave him... Yamaha paid
me for the string replacement and some voicing and regulation, but the
father was warned that these were the last strings that were warrantied.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC