[CAUT] CAUT String Repair Class....was unusual repair

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Wed Feb 28 12:52:16 MST 2007

Cool! Makes plenty of sense, and seems like it would be pretty
efficient. One trick being to keep that tail on the long section
short, so it is easy to "spring" and slip around the other wire. And
you probably wouldn't make that second loop quite as tight, for the
same reason. Do you do the "bend over the tail" thing, giving the
loop a bit of the angle it is going to need, or does that make it too
hard to spring it around the other wire? Or maybe it would be easier.
In my mind's eye it would be, now that I think about it. I'll
experiment and see. (Here's where a picture would definitely be worth
a lot more than a  bundle of confused words, but maybe you can
interpret what I am getting at).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico