[CAUT] TIP OF THE YEAR!/ 4 books

Alan McCoy amccoy at mail.ewu.edu
Tue Jan 2 17:31:00 MST 2007

> Jim,
> Wow! Thanks, big guy. That's a little different take than I'm
> used to. To date, the printing of my book is being held up by
> the continually changing content of the text. I don't seem to
> be able to type fast enough to keep up with the rate at which
> I obsolete what I thought I knew yesterday. I'm not sure what
> to do about that. Need more elbows (for typing), apparently,
> or less curiosity. The next scheduled seminar class is usually
> the closest approximation to my current state of awareness
> that I can produce in a nominally semi-coherent format. But
> shift happens fairly continuously, so the details are likely
> to drift. If I could decide what the heck it was I actually
> knew and stick with it, I might manage to make a buck.
>
> Or not,
> Ron N

Hey Ron,

Interesting that the changing content doesn't prevent you from tackling the
next rebuild. And we are all glad for that.

So what's the difference? The rebuilt piano and the written book as
artifacts both reflect your current thinking. From the looks/sounds of the
Rochester piano, your current thinking is better than most of our future
thinking.

Must be the big bucks from the rebuilds?!

When I get an online database up and running, I do hope you'll be the first
to contribute, changing content be damned. I suspect I speak for many in
this regard.

Alan