[CAUT] String stiffness questions

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Jan 7 10:17:16 MST 2007

Hi Folks

I'm continuing, along with Jason Kanter and a couple others work on a
scaling spreadsheet and I have run into a stump I'm having trouble
locating information directly relating to the string stiffness factor
for various wire.  Dels Handout has one formula in it which seems to
contain an error and I have a couple working spreadsheets that contain
formulas but no way compensating for different kinds of wire.

What I need is a brief explanation of the numerical constants used in
the formula, and what values different kinds of string materials use so
that we can set up an options value that automatically inserts the
proper value in relevant formulas.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Cheers
RicB