[CAUT] huge pitch raise question

Michelle Stranges stranges at oswego.edu
Mon Jan 8 13:39:09 MST 2007

Hi Don.

Well- if I have to put some words to my tuning style I would say
"finesse-y jerk"

:D

I think you know what I mean.
There's certainly no outrageous see-saw-ing thing going on.

I'm seeing that all who have posted so far bring the piano up to
pitch on the first go but I can help but think that if I started
doing that and started to tune it again some strings might decide to
break- for like I said it's usually on the second time around that it
happens.
I feel something weird..- *extra* tork I guess after bringing it up a
bunch. It's uncomfy.

I would assume it's added string tension of course, but is there
something else going on?

:(
Michelle