[CAUT] huge pitch raise question

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Mon Jan 8 16:17:28 MST 2007

Pianos that need huge pitch raises are grossly under-maintained.  This is
probably the most significant factor in string breakage.

I do as much as a semitone in one pass, A0-C8.  I've tried tippy-toeing by
bringing up all the C's, then the A's, and so on, and unless the piano has
some serious damage, it seems a waste of time.

On the second pass, it's close enough to use the pitch raise feature of your
favorite ETD (TuneLab for me, with the "Measure every note" option).

--Cy--