[CAUT] Hammer Softner follow-up

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Jan 9 10:15:23 MST 2007

Yipee!

I was hoping somebody would try that before me!  I have just the piano in
mind here!  Thanks for the good news!

Paul T. Williams

johnsond <johnsond at stolaf.edu>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
01/09/2007 10:31 AM
Please respond to
College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>

College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
[CAUT] Hammer Softner follow-up

Hi all-

You probably remember not too long ago some discussion about that hammer
softener solution available from Pianotek.  Some people reported
positive results, and I've had some good results too.  Good enough in
fact, to risk giving it a conservative try where it really could
matter.  Last Friday I put only 1 or 2 drops in the high shoulders of
our newest and best S&S D that is only 3 1/2 years old, but had
definitely been losing the warmth we once so loved over the past year.
Monday morning my expectations were  surpassed.   Without losing volume
at all the tone opened up and the sustain is at least double.  It's very
noticeable.   I won't be throwing away my needles of course, but just
wanted to share that happy result.  Anyone else tried this on a concert
piano?  I'd be curious to know.   Who knows about the longer term
results, but we don't get to think very long term there anyway.

cheers~

d.