[CAUT] Bb fork

Joseph Alkana josephspiano at comcast.net
Tue Jan 16 19:58:15 MST 2007

In that case, the answer is yes, you can buy a tuning fork in Bb, but it
will only approximate pitch. As a clarinet player of some years I can attest
to using a plethora of bars, forks, electronic forks, tuned drums, bongos,
xylophones, marimbas, tons of vibraphones and darn few pianos (because so
many old timers used a C fork and skewed hybrid temperaments) to get pitch.
And then it was only approximate, but then so was I :-)

So, you have a Bb fork and you want a clarinet player to use it and  play
third space C at the same time? It would take more hands than I currently
have assigned to me to accomplish that feat! The bar has it over anything
for secondary thru college level bands' use.

Ya gets it close and ya lips it! Ask Isaac Sadigursky. And have the trumpets
pull their slides after a half hour of playing, please!
And if the rehearsal is Monday, tell the trombones it's for Tuesday :-)

Joseph Alkana RPT