[CAUT] Paint on Polyester

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 17 07:56:14 MST 2007

Subject: [CAUT] Paint on Polyester

We have a Yamaha C3 (black polyester) here that has been in a practice room
for several years, and was just moved to a classroom.  There are some
spots/streaks of white paint on the edge of the lid, from the wall of the
PR.  I know poly is pretty inert, but I didn't want to just start trying
solvents.  Anybody have any experience with this?  What will remove paint
but leave poly alone?

Thanks,
Ken Z.
--
Ken Zahringer, RPT

Poly is inert when dry, so, you won't have to be concerned about dissolving
it.  I use paint thinner on a soft cloth for this clean-up.  Be patient, it
may need some time to work.  Dry the surface and polish as needed.
Ventilate the room as much as you can.

Paul C