[CAUT] S&S Hearing Aids!?

johnsond johnsond at stolaf.edu
Thu Jan 25 10:22:27 MST 2007

Hi-

Lots of good comments.  We all know that our industry would be in a very
sorry state if only good players with money bought good pianos.  Painful
as it is for us to witness, I suppose Steinway can't really be faulted
for following marketing trends.  Who hasn't noticed what has been done
with probably the King of brand name accessories?.......
Harley-Davidson.  As long as these products are marketed through the
web, chances are the majority of customers will also be owners.  I
suppose that fits.  Obviously pianos and motorcycles are very different
markets, but there is enough material there for someone to finish a
graduate degree in the study.  I think also some of us have warned of
what could be lost in our own organization as we sort the balance
between growing into a larger, potentially more influential voice in the
industry and yet holding on to the traditional meaningful standards
which made us want to join in the first place.  Let's just hope we never
see the accessories bought into department stores, cause the next step
would be a dedicated aisle at Fleet Farm (god forbid) !   As for me, I
think I'll pass on replacing my old, worn S&S tee-shirts.

cheers~

dennis.