[CAUT] Disinfecting Keys

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Jan 29 13:50:34 MST 2007

Mike and all,

I've just started using Lysol sanitizing wipes.  No Isopropyl.  Its'
active ingredients are: Alkyl (50% C-14, 40% C-12, and 10% C16) / Dimethyl
Benzyl, and Ammonium Chlorides. It doesn't say what the 99.68% inert
ingredients are, but I'm guessing it's mostly water.  I've used it on
several practice rooms and hve had no "ill" effects...and it leaves a nice
citrus scent!

Anyone else used this product?

Paul

Christopher Purdy <purdy at ohio.edu>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
01/29/2007 02:02 PM
Please respond to
College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>

College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] Disinfecting Keys

I have been using non alcohol baby wipes.  I'm not sure how well it
disinfects though.  Works really well for cleaning and it gives me a good
feeling about avoiding germs but that might not stand up in court.

Blood on the keys!?  Probably a colorful story behind that...

Chris