[CAUT] Pure Sound

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Tue May 1 12:20:06 MDT 2007

Hi Paul,

Look at the Pure Sound web site. I would ask Juan to supply you with a
scaling for your first piano. ($40.00 but the 1st one is free) I'd NOT
try to buy a bunch of coils but would ask Juan to custom make the order
knowing what pianos you're going to restring. Also Jurgen Goering (Piano
Forte Supply) sells Pure Sound Wire. This might be the best option with
the Euro the way it is... And Jurgen is great to work with.

As far as experience goes there is myself, Vince Mrykalo, Peter Grey and
that's about it in the US. Maybe others have tried it lately. In Europe
there are over 500 shops using it. Last month I spent a week with Juan
and Mary (Owners or Pure Sound) and they said that several manufacturers
are testing it and soon it will become more common. Schimmel, Hamburg
S&S, and some company in China are all testing it.

Remember, this wire is NOT interchangeable with other wire and must be
treated a bit differently.

Here are the main advantages as I see it;
	1. Extremely stable nearly immediately. No prepping needed.
	2. Stainless
	3. Less inharmonicity
	4. I think the sound is better

Hope this helps.