[CAUT] charge for time?

Mark Cramer Cramer at BrandonU.ca
Mon May 7 13:43:40 MDT 2007

Full hourly rate plus vehicle expense per mile Steve. I will split this for
clients who have arranged several appointments at the same destination.

I break my rates down into "up to" 15 miles, up to 30 , up to 45, etc.
increments and have the figures at hand, rather than calculate to-the-mile
for individuals.

Neither my clients nor myself seem to enjoy talking about service costs or
how I derrive them, so it's very convenient just to reply "a service call of
up to 90 minutes in your town will be $XXX.XX plus tax."

best regards,
Mark Cramer,
Brandon University

  -----Original Message-----
  From: caut-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces at ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Steven Sandstrom
  Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 9:40 AM
  To: caut; pianotech
  Subject: [CAUT] charge for time?

  I was just wondering if most of you charge for your time on the road to
get to a job? If so do you charge from the time you leave your shop? Do you
charge the same rate as your normal labor charge? Or do you only charge for
mileage? This would be for jobs outside my normal area where I currently
only do a mileage charge. With the cost of running a vehicle going up all
the time I was thinking of redoing what I charge. I was interested what most
of you are doing. Thanks.

  Steve Sandstrom