[CAUT] Critter-damaged balance punchings in Yamaha P-22s

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri May 11 12:24:09 MDT 2007

Hi there San Fransisco... :)

Jim Ellis reminds us of times long past. And to be sure, moths and other
unwelcome insectual type guests are less a problem these days. But they
pop up.  Fortunatly today there are a host of products available for use
that work fine in pianos. Go to your local insect poison shop and
explain the problem... that you have to kill the darn things... but you
have lots of metal parts that can corrode if the wrong stuff is
applied.  And... of course that pianos are usually inside.

Moth balls, if I remember correctly.... are not a good idea... tho I do
not remember the reason given.  I use a pump spray product that soaks
into key bed felts and wood and other such areas and it works very very
well and lasts for a couple years.

Usually, if you get attacked... they will come back at you in the future
at some time.  At least thats my experience.

btw... Hi Doug !  Long time since I heard from you.

Cheers
RicB