[CAUT] Zein/felt

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Sun May 13 05:58:29 MDT 2007

Applies easily like shellac.  Did not seem very water resistant on MD
fiberboard.  Performed better over poplar stained with boot dye (but the
boot dye probably contains shellac or glue).  In both cases I rubbed on
multiple coats with a piece of hammer felt.
Dissolves in alcohol faster than shellac dissolves.
Question about ultra-violet light resistance.
ES