[CAUT] Meantone (Which?)

Daniel Gurnee dgurnee at humboldt1.com
Mon May 14 20:37:20 MDT 2007

Jim,

The coma is the difference between mi  just and that derived by tuning
a series of four fifths from do to mi and called the sintonic coma.
1/4 sintonic coma is that coma is each fifth diminished by 1/4 of the
coma resulting in a pure third, the fifths beating c. two beats/sec.
The meantone refers to re  falling exactly midway between do and mi.

Daniel Gurnee, HSU ret.