[CAUT] Agraffes and dampers

Joe Wiencek jwpiano at earthlink.net
Tue May 15 06:55:12 MDT 2007

Hello list,
This is my first posting to the CAUT list.  I have two questions
1:  How do you keep dampers free from damage when modern music requires
playing the strings with fingers and the performers paste the damper
heads with colored stickers, then remove them and tearing felt, etc.
This is at NYU, but my own experience in music school tells me it must
be all over.

2:  A  Petrof P131 upright with agraffes to the top has broken every
string from E6-E7.  The break is at the edge of the bearing before
entering the agraffe on the speaking side. Any ideas?
Thanks,

Joe Wiencek
jwpiano at earthlink.net

tel: 551 358 4006