[CAUT] Agraffes and dampers

Michael Jorgensen jorge1ml at cmich.edu
Wed May 16 06:45:44 MDT 2007

      In 25+ years of university service, I see less and less prepared piano
all of the time.   Is it in decline?  Or perhaps those who practice it are
more well-educated about damages and are also leaving pianos cleaner?   I am
also hearing  a significant amount of creative new music which is utilizing
the almost unlimited possibilities existing within traditional tonality.
-Mike Jorgensen