[CAUT] Killer half-octave

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Wed May 16 06:47:57 MDT 2007

Esteemed colleagues:

Our NY D, (1983) has developed - in the last year or so - a killer
half-octave from about A#5 - E6.  I've added some mass to the bridge
right under C6 and that helped a little but the problem remains.  I've
been searching through the archives this morning checking for any
further heroic measures I could take within the confines of my budget.

What's the general consensus of opinion about the "Treble Tone
Resonator" that Pianotek sells?  While my current budget precludes a
full remanufacturing I think I can manage the $155.00 for that!
However, I don't want to spend even that  - nor expend the time
installing it  - if it wouldn't help.

Any ideas, suggestions, experience with it etc.?????

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT

Meadows School of the Arts

Southern Methodist University