[CAUT] Critter-damaged balance punchings in Yamaha P-22s

maxpiano maxpiano at sc.rr.com
Sat May 19 06:38:47 MDT 2007

Don,

I opened an old Kimball yesterday that had the same problem (YUK!)

If not replacing the felt/cloth, I just vacuum up all I can get of the
powder.  Not much else one can do as the stuff gets down into the fabric.
At least the fabric is safe from any repeated infestation.  And the customer
very rarely gets down into the works of the piano, so poisoning is not a
foreseeable problem, and it's not like hantavirus that can get through the
vacuum cleaner bag into the air.

Bill