[CAUT] killer half-octave, the Bell

Daniel Gurnee dgurnee at humboldt1.com
Sat May 19 09:47:46 MDT 2007

The Bell according to S&S of the '50s and '60s is not a nose bolt, is
not a support, but to add mass to that section of plate and the bolt is
to be made no more than snug.  It is possible to create the same effect
on pianos without the Bell by lying a five pound weight in that area to
produce an effect, good or bad.  My results on my S&S O are good.

Daniel Gurnee, HSU Ret.