[CAUT] kawai gm-1 grand

Rob Goodale rrg at unlv.nevada.edu
Thu Oct 4 12:43:26 MDT 2007

kawai gm-1 grandHello,

The GM-1 was replaced my the GM-10.  Pretty much the same piano with a few enhancements.  If it is in "as-new" condition I think I would put it up against what a new GOOD Chinese piano would be selling for today.  That would start at around $7000+.  Of course resale value is largely reflected by the local economy.  In a rural mid-west area I would expect less.

If this is for a tax donation record I would estimate high.  Go with the $8,500.  No one is going to dispute that and the donor will be grateful for your help.  If it was up for sale I'd be asking less.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

  List,

  I'm doing an appraisal for tax donation of a Kawai GM-1, 4' 9" grand.  Hi-Polish.   Perfect condition, hardly used...built in 1995 in Japan.  No longer in production.   A new 5' 1" GE-1 on Ebay goes for around $8500.    I've talked with a dealer here in the Bay Area who thinks it might be worth about $5000.   Any comments...?

  David Ilvedson, RPT
  Pacifica, CA 94044