[CAUT] Weber grand block

nmsalmon at gmail.com nmsalmon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 17:01:25 MDT 2007

Hello all;
     I'm looking to pick your brains about this unusual Weber grand block I just uncovered.
     The solid wood "base" or lower level is mitred into the case. There is no shelf to accomodate the block. The base does have 1/8" veneer both top and bottom which looks to be maple.
    The laminated top inch was glued to the base with hide glue and snapped off, bringing that top layer of veneer with it.
    The plated rests on the base, so only the laminated bit is fitted to the flange.
    Nothing is doweled or attached in any way to the bellyman rail.
    My inclination is to plug the solid base with whatever pinblock material I use for the laminate and make a new laminate piece. I will of course have to replace that 1/8" veneer so the plate is at the proper height.
    I have cut out mitred blocks before, and I've done 4 piece, bi-level, beveled, blind bolted Chickering blocks; but never the combination. I would prefer not to cut the case to accept a new block. There is however room to build a shelf at the bass end.
    Your thoughts and wisdom please....
    I have enclosed photos.

                      Nancy Salmon RPT
                      Frostburg State University
                      Frostburg MD

You're invited to view these photos online at KODAK EASYSHARE Gallery!
Just click on View Photos to get started.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=j2ttwjw.b9tw5x8&x=0&h=1&y=jilyqg
If you'd like to save this album, just sign in, or
if you're new to the Gallery, create a free account. Once you've
signed in, you'll be able to view this album whenever you want
and order Kodak prints of your favorite photos.

Enjoy!
Instructions: Click view photos to begin. If you're
an existing member you'll be asked to sign in. If not, you can
join the Gallery for free.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Register.jsp

Questions? Visit http://help.kodakgallery.com.

EASYSHARE Gallery Customer Service
Phone: (800) 360-9098

If you cannot see the links above, copy and paste the
following URL directly into your browser:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=j2ttwjw.b9tw5x8&x=0&h=1&y=jilyqg