[CAUT] Journal delivery

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Oct 9 14:26:03 MDT 2007

Thanks muchly for the info Ron, and for your continued excellent
contribution to our fellowship.  Just out of curiosity.... being so far
away its hard for me to keep track of this kind of thing... but have you
received anything like the Golden Hammer Award yet ?.... Because
whatever such award is appropriate for your bit for queen and country...
by the gods you deserve it !

Cheers
RicB

    I just keep 2 copies there and rotate them out. I don't want to
    interfere with
    the CD versions of past issues.  Acutally the CD versions are higher
    resolution. I crunch down the files for online figuring that you
    will be looking
    at them on a computer screen. The CD version also can do search
    throughout all the issues.

    One unexptected benefit of the online pdf is that the blind guys can
    use the
    reader technology to read them aloud. (Actually the reader is built
    into
    Acrobat Reader for everyone) This lets them get access to the
    Journal at
    the same time everyone else (except for those not in Northern CA) does.

    I also have audio tracks at
    www.ptg.org/audio/
    These are login for members only also and are mp3 files of Ben McKlveen
    reading the Journal. They are one to two months behind because of the
    production schedule. They are produced on cassette for our lower tech
    technicians and then I convert them to mp3. I use these like a
    podcast and
    download them to my Ipod (Now iPhone!!!!) and listen to them in the car.

    ron