[CAUT] CAUT Credential

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Tue Oct 9 20:10:37 MDT 2007

Hi David,

Yeah, I guess we are a bit crazy at that.

Someone privately wrote that a "continuing ed" program would be
understood by college administration and would promote the conventions,
etc. A "credential" would need to be kept up by attending specified
classes periodically. He was also against more "testing". This may be
the way to go; "keep up" skills and knowledge by continuing education.
You're right about all it will take. "Grandfathering", etc. and how to
include non PTG technicians will all need to be discussed. The CAUT
committee has a horse to swallow, but it seems like a worthy cause, so
far.

Regards,
Jim Busby BYU