[CAUT] Grotrian # 20985

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Oct 11 12:55:08 MDT 2007

Hi Folks...

I just ran into this instrument the other day, and decided to purchase
it for around 4 grand.  Case finish is really very nice... tho not
original.  Piano sounds reasonably ok... action sucks a rock and will
need a complete renovation.  What I am writing about is that the
underside of the sound board has a duplicate of the bridge attached
directly under the bridge.  TONS of extra mass... and I suppose
stiffness... the whole length of the long bridge.

Anyone seen this before and care to expound a bit on the roll this is
supposed to play and how well it does it ?

Cheers
RicB