[CAUT] wacky backchecks and Knabe blow distance

ITUNEPIANO at aol.com ITUNEPIANO at aol.com
Mon Oct 15 18:54:53 MDT 2007

Hey Barbara,  I just finished hanging new shanks and hammers on my  Knabe,
and have a bunch of shanks rubbing against the next shank at the  flange.
Looks like I'll be sanding the sides down.   On a  positive note, after a quick
capstan adjustment, I've got nice aftertouch and  the keys are fairly level -
which brings me to another problem - the capstans  are too loose, so off will
come the stack so I can tighten loose  capstans.   On blow distance, sometimes
you have to go with whatever  works - especially if hammers and other parts are
worn.

Bob Maret,  RPT
Piano Technician