[CAUT] University based regional seminars

Donald McKechnie dmckech at ithaca.edu
Mon Oct 15 21:01:36 MDT 2007

Ed,

Well, Cornell has the Statler Hotel (Part of the hotel school) right
on campus. The music building is not far away. The problems are the
following; location - we are in the middle of nowhere, currently no
regional seminar in NY and the  hotel is a bit pricey (a really good
restaurant at the hotel though!). Perhaps someday we could try this
if everything came into perfect alignment.

Don

> From: "Ed  Sutton" <ed440 at mindspring.com>
> Date: October 15, 2007 10:05:53 PM EDT
> To: "College and University Technicians" <caut at ptg.org>
> Subject: Re: [CAUT] University based regional seminars
> Technicians <caut at ptg.org>
>

> Israel-
>
> I understand the potential difficulties, especially in a large
> region like California.
> I can't help hoping somebody is in the middle of a perfect
> situation in one of the smaller regions.
> I'll bet the chances of getting your expenses paid are better if
> you say you're attending a
> seminar at XYZ University!
>
> Ed

Don McKechnie