[CAUT] lighter touchweight

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Oct 17 16:25:40 MDT 2007

Sounds like it to me as well.  I'd like to agree wholeheartedly with Don
Manninos post.  He makes some excellent points, some of which you have
already ruled out.  Still, use the leverage trick I supplied as a
diagnostic, and take into consideration his points about spring
strengths, spongy centers and knuckles.  Tho you said this is a newly
renovated action and the job was done well... all those points are
definitely worth double checking.  Dons a smart guy to be sure.

Sounds like you have reasonably low FW's to boot... which would also
indicate fairly reasonably weighted hammers given your UW / DW
figures... should be dynamically fairly light too.

I'd really appreciate an update on this as thing progress. Interesting :)

Cheers
RicB

    Ric,

    Yeah, actually the bass mostly has three leads and not all in the
    front. Just a few keys had four leads. It is clearly, IMO, a case of
    just wanting something good to be better. I'm not familiar enough
    with the Stanwood system to get all the measurements people have
    mentioned.  I think I'll try the strip trick!

    Thanks,
    Jeff