[CAUT] Chickering quarter grand for next to nothing.

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Oct 19 01:53:24 MDT 2007

Hi Greg.

I got a couple off list posts full of lots of good encouragement and a
deal of information that will be helpful.  I understand Jon points out
there are some special bits about re-working them.  My own view of their
tone on the other hand is different then his.  They are one of the
better small grand designs tonal wise from the period in my mind. Voiced
appropriately, they take on a very nice rounded and full sound... tho to
be sure, these are not meant  to sit in a very large concert room.

If you wish, I will send along one post in particular that you may find
encouraging.  I have no qualms about rebuilding this one, and have done
a couple earlier on... tho I havent had to replace a pinblock on one
yet.  I guess I feel like if they did it... well I can do it :)

Cheers
RicB

    I just made an agreement , in principal, to rebuild one of these. It
    will get everything. I'm wondering now if this was wise. Any thoughts,
    other than these?

    all the best,

    Greg Newell