[CAUT] Uniform Formal Education (Jeff Tanner)

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Tue Oct 23 16:06:52 MDT 2007

I tune using an ETD, have done since '75.

I find it interesting the point being made, that is the master tuning done at a previous time, still a master tuning.

When I used the SAT, I noticed that the FAC numbers would change, for a specific piano, depending on the season. So I never used a stored tuning, and always got new FAC numbers.

I have a spare ETD, and likewise, I always use the recalculate, when going back to a piano I tuned previously.

So has any determination been done, as to whether the master tuning changes, with changes in humidity?
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca