[CAUT] CAUT Endorsement

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Oct 24 04:44:11 MDT 2007

David Ilvedson wrote:

> That's a good question...I would like to see no grand-fathering involved
> as was the case with RPT.   Let's let all you good old boys/girls take
> the new improved test...;-]
>
> David Ilvedson, RPT
> Pacifica, CA 94044

BRING IT ON!!!
;-}

I'm one of those good(that's the question, here), old(soitenly) boy (in
mind, only) who's been great-grandfathered from pre-standardized tuning
test days, through RTT to RPT, who for a long time has had the luxury of
being the big fish in a very small pond, but still thinks he can compete
with the big boys.

Question back at you: by whom and when would this (re)-certification be
done?  Whenever the idea of periodic renewing of status has been
discussed, the major stumbling block has been a personnel issue. Too
many examinees, too few examiners.

> And if the chair isn't familiar with pianos, and has to rely on the piano department faculty, which, in some cases, have no idea of what pianos are supposed to sound or play like, because of ignorance, then the whole process becomes a crap shoot.
> Wim

If you get hired you get a chance to edjimakate the edjimakaters...

How would one be tested for the "other" things CAUTerized folks do?
Harpsichord, organ, other...

--
Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- There comes a time in every man's life and I've had plenty of them.
- Casey Stengel