[CAUT] Steinway brass fallboard lettering replacement...

Alan Crane alan.crane at wichita.edu
Wed Oct 24 10:08:12 MDT 2007

I have to replace a single brass (metal) letter on the fallboard logo
of a Steinway-B (professor's piano).
Steinway sent him a complete new brass logo but no instructions.
I'll contact Steinway for their input, of course, but want to find
someone who has done this in the field too.
I'd appreciate advice as to materials & technique from anyone with
personal experience with this repair.
Off-list replies might be best since this list is awfully cluttered
lately and this isn't a commonly needed repair.

Regards,

Alan B. Crane,  RPT
School of Music
Wichita State University