[CAUT] CAUT Endorsement

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Oct 25 11:04:59 MDT 2007

Thanks Ed,

We're ordering it.

Jim

________________________________

From: caut-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of Ed
Sutton
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 8:51 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: [CAUT] CAUT Endorsement

Jim-

I'd like to call the committee's attention to the newly published Theory
and Practice of Piano Tuning by Brian Capleton. See amarillibooks.co.uk
Capleton is Lecturer in Piano Technology at the Royal National College.
It's a 600 page text on all aspects of piano tuning, and would make a
fine text for an advanced course in piano tuning.

If PTG could create a way for members to study, master and take exams on
the material in this book, it would offer a clear direction of study for
people who want to become extremely fine piano tuners.  If there is
going to be a high level test of tuning skill, this is a book that would
teach people what they need to learn to be able to pass that exam.

Ed Sutton