[CAUT] Time to retire

Kenneth Ponche kenponche at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 20:37:19 MDT 2007

*Hello Caut techs,

My name is Ken Ponche, and I was introduced to this list by Avery Todd,  my
predecessor at the University of Houston.   Avery has been trying to
retire,  but by a series of  strange events  that has been beyond his
control, he has been jerked back into service at the university.  Most of
what has happened doesn't concern me.  It  has been  university  politics et
al.  All  I know is that on  August 31st I got an offer letter.  I started
work on September 17th, several states away, moved and ready to go.
Unfortunately, a week later I had to be hospitalized with a bad infection
and a surgery wound that I am still dressing today.  It is mostly healed,
but still there.  I was "supposedly" to report back to work in a few days,
which I did.  The Beethoven concerto went well as did the two piano recital
by the department head.

Avery had agreed to sub for me one last time this past week when my niece
was married.    Thanks to him all went well.

 I write this only because of the people on this list who know me and have
expressed concern over my health.  I am well, focused, and working through
my new situation.  My eyes are wide, wide open, and I will have some
questions as time goes by.  As an erstwhile RPT, I will stay out of the
current repartee.  Thanks to CAUT for everything offered; I will contribute
as I can.

Sincerely,

Ken Ponche

Avery Todd* ptuner1 at gmail.com
<caut%40ptg.org?Subject=%5BCAUT%5D%20Retired%3F&In-Reply-To=>
*Tue Sep 25 17:46:16 MDT 2007*