[CAUT] agraffes

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Mon Oct 29 02:45:53 MST 2007

Karen

The washers are under the agraffs as spacers, so that the holes are exactly perpendicular to the strings when the agraffs are tightened. The few hundreds of an inch difference in heights of the agraffs are not a problem, and won't effect the speaking length of the strings.?The most you might have to do is regulate the hammer blow distance, let off and?drop, but even that will be so minute, it will be hard to see. ?

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of