[CAUT] CAUT credential vs. academic program?

Garee, Anne E. agaree at admin.fsu.edu
Mon Oct 29 05:36:20 MST 2007

Fred, Ed, and All,

The two-year master's program at Florida State University is an
unusually accelerated and intensive opportunity.  It is one option in a
field of rare opportunity for such training.  Graduates leave with tools
I wish I'd had when I started out thirty years ago.  Not only are they
equipped to fill university posts but can virtually go anywhere in the
business and plug in successfully.  I designed the program with as much
openness and free exchange of ideas as possible as evidenced by our ever
growing list of guest lecturers.  I also hoped that other institutions
and entities would be stimulated by our program to look into developing
other opportunities.  Any initiative that helps elevate and strengthen
our field is worth investigating as collaborative, not competitive.

Anne