[CAUT] Digest, Vol 1103, Issue 85 Moving Wippen Rail

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 18:13:40 MST 2007

Any gain in touchweight is a product of a reduction of friction or a gain in
leverage, Both of which can happen when aligning to the lines of
convergence. (Did I miss any other things?) Friction is measurable and has
been eliminated so that leaves one thing.

I repeat, the load arm of the wippen is to the jack center pin. The jack is
only a transitory post and is not a lever. Please define what the word
"jack" means in this case if it is not what I say.

Keith Roberts

Any gain in touchweight while moving the wippen rail is a product of