[CAUT] Abel aelect Vs. Rosner-Wurtzen

wbis290 at aol.com wbis290 at aol.com
Wed Apr 16 16:49:02 MDT 2008

Hi All,

I was wandering if any of you have tried the Abel "Select" from
Pianotek vs. other hammers. I have put them in a Mason & Hamlin CC, two
9'2" Bechstein ENs, and several Steinways. I have found them to give a
great sound with little voicing. I have been told that from one of the
professors that played a new Steinway B at another university that
while the new B had a great sound, it could not match the sound of the
Steinway B that I put the Abel "Select" hammers on. I was also told by
all of the staff that neither of the Bechsteins sounded nearly as good
as they do now. I was just told by a guest artist that she loved the
Mason & Hamlin because of the beautiful coloring of the tone of the
piano. Just curious to see if anyone else out there has tried these
hammers and how they liked them.

God bless

Bill Balmer, RPT
University of Findlay and Ohio Northern University