[CAUT] Tapering Ronsens (was Abel select, etc.)

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 28 13:59:43 MDT 2008

Don,
There are other sources for ordering Abels.  I've found working with Wally
Brooks to be quite helpful in matching weight and shank requirements.  Also,
Bob Marinelli at Pianotek has been quite helpful.  Each boasts different
characteristics for their Abels, but they are both very nice hammers.  At
this stage, with all that is available out there, I can't imagine just
accepting stock parts....of any brand.  If you're not finding hammers of the
right size and shanks that are too thick, you aren't taking advantage of the
resources and knowledge that the suppliers have for our use.  Ask for what
you want..you may be surprised that you'll get exactly what you need!
jeannie