[CAUT] endangered european piano- newspaper article

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Apr 30 12:07:03 MDT 2008

It is as I have said many a time... the acoustic piano is doomed. Sooner
or later the public market will not be large enough to be able to
support the industry.... and factories will close.  The public... too
huge a majority will opt for cheaper and, to their ears.... just as good
an option be it the cheaply made asian instruments or later on in our
immediate future inexpensive, highly versatile, portable and maintenance
free electronics.  The piano industry... and the acoustic industry as a
whole will be reduced to what is left of the Harpsichord industry
today.... if that much.

Its a Brave New World out there folks... few seem to be very much aware
of whats just around the next corner.  You think the Matrix movies were
all that far fetched ??? Think again, and ponder the consequences.

Cheers
RicB