[CAUT] Faculty as Colleagues, was Steinway... The "Safe" Piano.

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Wed Dec 3 16:10:10 PST 2008

Jeff:

As I've said before I'm really sorry that your situation at USC was such a negative thing.  I don't have that at my school and I'm certainly glad.  The head technician at the local Steinway Hall told me recently that I had the best CAUT job because of the people I work with.  I had to agree.  They all are truly wonderful human beings who happen to be excellent musicians.  They treat me with respect and collegiality.  I know that this is because of who they are rather than who I am but there are places where this is true.

It does take a certain number of good people to create a good culture.  Fortunately for me we have that critical mass of good people.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu