[CAUT] McCall belt sander

Kent Swafford kswafford at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 14:08:19 PST 2008

Anyone else still using the McCall mini belt sander? The things are fragile
and finicky and wear out quickly and do a few jobs better than anything
else, IMO.

Years ago, I bought a gross of belts (and some sanders too, still have an
unused one) from Mrs. McCall. The belts eventually turned out to all be bad;
the seam breaks almost immediately; the ends of the belts were overlapped
and glued.

I've been able to get a few good belts from an alternate source, the seams
of which appear to be butted and simply taped. Does anyone know what the
tape might actually be? I just thought if I could find a suitable tape,
I might be able to salvage most of a gross of belts.

Thanks,

Kent