[CAUT] pinning

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Dec 5 14:06:00 PST 2008

David,

I like to level strings with a string puller.. Run your puller up on the
string a bit out from the termination (capo or agraffe) and pull it along
to as close as you can get to the termination point.  I do it by feel more
than anything to see if the strings are level.  Then mate the hammer to
the strings for a uniform match! A bit of filing hammer tops will give you
a good mate with the strings!

Hope this helps

Paul

"David Ilvedson" <ilvey at sbcglobal.net>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
12/05/2008 02:35 PM
Please respond to
David Ilvedson <ilvey at sbcglobal.net>; Please respond to
caut at ptg.org

caut at ptg.org
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] pinning

Richard,

Re-reading some old email...how do you level strings?   Everyone has their
way of doing this...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044