[CAUT] screw-y stuff

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Tue Dec 9 08:50:37 PST 2008

Alan:

The more I use Webb’s Wood Rebuilder the more impressed I am with it.  Drill out the splintered wood that’s left, fill hole with WWR and drill a new pilot hole (when it has cured of course).  I used it the other day to repair some keys where some wood had been torn out in the removal of key buttons.  It worked very well.  The only caveat is not trying to fill too small a hole.  It’s hard to get the stuff in a torn up pilot hole for a #4 screw.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu