[CAUT] A record low... Please don't respond

Don Mannino DMannino at kawaius.com
Tue Dec 9 09:12:40 PST 2008

This reminds me of a funny story: Kawai Japan once sent me test results
for some wood item, showing how they had subjected it to extreme
conditions of 30% - 80% relative humidity.  I wrote back to them to
please do the test again, this time down to 5% or so in order to
simulate the real conditions in our continental climate.

One of them called and spoke to my boss, saying something like "That Don
Mannino is just a troublemaker.  No place ever goes below 10% humidity.
Babies die in such extreme conditions!"

<sigh> I wrote a note back to him saying no, babies do fine with proper
care and feeding, and there is no lack of healthy babies in Calgary (or
Denver or Bismark or Winnipeg or . . . .)

That is why I keep John's picture handy.  I have shown it some of our
engineers a couple of times so far.

Don

  _____