[CAUT] Music desk supports

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Thu Dec 11 16:33:35 PST 2008

>Sounds like a good idea. But why square instead of angle? (Or maybe
>that's what you meant). And wouldn't 3/4" or even 1/2" do the job?
>(and be a bit cheaper and more out of the way of things like your
>tuning hammer on A0). And actually you could probably get away with a
>couple small angle brackets on each side. The best fix is deeper
>grooves in the desk and higher profile glides, but that's a lot of work.

Square is easier to make than angled. I don't know who stands on these
but they always seem to break, even with screws in them. So I figure
that a large block restricting the downwards motion will prevent breaking
plus slipping through.

Metal would be harder to cover with cloth for the desk to glide upon and
harder to drill screw holes.

They had a new HVAC installed this Summer and I'll see what has
transpired seasonally this Saturday.
--

Regards,

Jon Page