[CAUT] Winter

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Sat Dec 13 11:16:00 PST 2008

At 09:56 AM 12/13/2008, David wrote:
>I'm going to try that...if I can find it...

New-Skin, look in a big box drugstore near the bandaids. I think I
found mine at BiMart.

It seems to have indefinite shelf life, at least unopened. I'd had a
bottle for years when I noticed that our visiting 16-year-old girl
from China playing Saint-Saens 2 had adhesive tape on both her little
fingers at the second rehearsal. Both kids played way too much during
the week they were in Corvallis. I demonstrated the stuff on my own
fingers, told her I knew several pianists who used it for split
calluses, and gave her the bottle which luckily still had the
cardboard wrapper and the instruction leaflet with it. It may be in
China as we speak ...

Thanks, Marcel, I didn't know it was collodion. I wonder if one could
make wet plate photographs with it? Little ones. <grin>

Susan