[CAUT] Winter- TAPE!!

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Sat Dec 13 12:38:13 PST 2008

New Skin has only covered the problem but not solved it for me. Cracks always came back too soon. Being a professional guitarist for nearly 30 years I've used bottles of the stuff. Tried everything under the sun. CA glue worked better than new skin. Lotions and creams work if used constantly, but have other properties I hate.

So far, after wearing masking tape on my bleeding cracks for nearly 24 hours I can say YES! I took it off about 2 hours ago and the cracks are not bleeding, skin is soft, supple. It immediately stopped the bleeding and pain, and although I looked a little silly, it worked! Bandaids worked quite well in the past, but always seem to want to fall off, and washing my hands made them retain moisture. Masking tape didn't. Even in the shower the tape didn't come off, and it dried quickly!

This is why I have a special folder for anything Ron writes. Hey Ron, got a cure for cancer, hemorrhoids, acne, or anything else?

I'm putting some tape back on for the rest of the day.

Jim Busby