[CAUT] Thumping Baldwin SF

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Tue Dec 23 05:33:44 PST 2008

I was called to tune a Baldwin SF yesterday.  It tuned up beautifully
with a nice really clean treble.

What bothered me was excessive action noise, thumping on every key.
It started to stand out in the midrange
so I pulled the action thinking there must be foreign objects or
bedding issues.  No FOs but bedding might be an
issue, no glides.

Is this a typical feature of Baldwins or is this likely a bedding issue?

Andrew Anderson.